Our business is about you! We will use our experience to help you grow your business in a client-focused way.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve been frustrated throughout my career by how hard it is to communicate with others effectively.
In our digital age, we can get our message, story, or report in front of hordes. But sheer exposure most often fails to generate any meaningful response.
Most people read passively. They crave stories that arouse their emotions and reflect their experience and hopes. Only a small fraction, however, of movies, cable TV series, blogs, or novels meet that deep need.
Stated bluntly, effective messages relieve pain.
Successful marketers, inventors, authors,or manufacturers find ways to alleviate their audience’s pain.
It’s that simple. Yet elusive.
As a college professor and administrator, I finally learned that effective teaching depended on uncovering my students’ or colleagues’ most pressing concerns. For example, teaching students to write correctly depended on connecting with their worry about getting and keeping a job.
To get the desired response to your message, I
- Understand your organization’s values and business model, including goals and objectives
- Ask about what worked previously and what didn’t
- Research significant changes in your organization and its cultural/business environment
- Identify essential, core elements of your message
- Create authentic content that is appropriate for various platforms
- Case studies or success stories
- Web content (pages, blogs, etc.) that reflects your core message
- Reports for in-house or external consumption
- Adjust content for effective promotion according to desired media
- Obtain your approval at every significant step
- Evaluate the success of the venture
Feel free to poke around on our website for examples of what I do. You may also want to take a look at my résumé. I welcome your questions and suggestions. Click here to see my résumé or send me your questions. For examples of our work, visit our Writing Samples page. Above all, please write or call so that we can begin a conversation.
Authentic copy starts with diligent research. I enjoy telling your clients’ success stories that show how your products or services enhance their operations.
I tailor my research and design of materials with your strategic goals and objectives in mind. That’s how I turn the features of your product or service into desirable benefits for potential clients.
The 4 Cs of Strategic Communication
- Client Identification (both current and prospective clients)
- Collect Data (uncover their “pain”)
- Connect the Dots
- Copy that Transforms Features into Benefits
When this happens, prospects become clients!
To view my resume, click here.
As the namesake of Aslan in C. S. Lewis’s Narnia series, I guard against the evil that lurks beyond our hearth. I’m a compassionate, but not tame, companion, who provides comfort and perspective for the humans who live with me.
Often, I feel that they misunderstand my intentions since they try to bar my access to the computer keyboard (they obviously failed this time!). Nevertheless, they feed me (not as much as I would like); so I will allow them to remain for now.
For all consulting needs, I advise you to contact the humans via the white light box. Leave me free to hunt mice, sharpen my claws, and take long naps.